This course covers front-end functionality within Maximo including new features added for Maximo Version 7.5. Numerous changes have been incorporated throughout this version of Maximo. Within the flow of the course, each of these changes will be discussed including the potential impact on maintenance practices.
Individuals will come away from this course with a strong understanding of the interrelationships between various applications and functionality. Particular attention will be paid to the flow of work from job plans and service requests to work orders and the completion of work. There are several data elements supporting this flow of work. The set-up and impact of these key data elements will also be reviewed.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
The goal of this course is to provide users with a solid understanding of various functionalities within Maximo and how these functionalities interrelate to support asset management at your company.
This course is intended for Maximo implementation teams, whose members can include:
- Maintenance Supervisors and Planners
- Maintenance Technicians
- System Administrators
- Project Managers
- Anyone needing a full understanding of Maximo 7.5 functionality
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Navigate between and within Maximo Applications.
- Perform Simple and Complex Queries.
- Create Location and Asset Hierarchies Supporting Asset Management.
- Develop Job Plans, Nested Job Plans and Preventive Maintenance Routines.
- Set-up Inventory Records Necessary for Work Management.
- Create, Plan, Record, and Complete Work.
- Purchase Items Necessary to Complete Work.
- Identify New Features Offered within Maximo 7.5.
- Create Front-End Reports and Access Reports Related to Informational Concerns.
Asset Management Concepts and Best Practices
- Course Overview
- Asset Management Best Practices
- Asset Management Lifecycle
- Maximo Hardware and Software Infrastructure
Multi-Organization / Multi-Site
- Multi-Organization / Multi-Site Purpose and Database Level of Applications
- The Organizations Application – Key Initial Set-up
- The Organizations Application – Select Action Menu and Default Settings
- Classifying Numerous Maximo Objects
- Adding Attributes to Classifications to Provide Details on Any Object
- Proper Set-up and Sources for the Classification Hierarchy
- Locations Set-up Overview and Best Practices
- Creating Location Records
- Creating Systems and Associating with Locations
- One to One Location to Asset Relationship
- Work Details within Locations
- Location Statuses
- Entering Header Information – Location Priorities, Location Types
- Asset Prioritization, Costing, Asset Types, and More
- Subassemblies and Establishing a Spare Parts List
- Asset Failure Codes and Establishing Failure Analysis
- Safety Planning and Associating Plans with Assets
- Asset Classifications – A Critical Identifier
- Asset Meters: Continuous, Gauge, and Characteristic (The Future)
- Asset Moves
- Rotating Assets and How They Differ
- Asset Statuses from Entry to Decommissioning
- Asset Onboarding Workflows and More
- Creating Asset Templates
- Asset Relationships and Topology
- People Records – Foundational Record Across Maximo Applications
- Labor Records – Key Fields Including Calendar Associations
- Craft Records Forming Foundation of Accurate Work Order Costing
- Qualification Records and the Importance of Certified Work
- Users and Security Settings Impacting Maximo Functionality
Inventory Set-up and Management
- Best Practices – Just in Time Inventory Management
- Proper Set-up of Items – Stocked and Non-stocked
- Condition Coding
- Units of Measure and Conversions to Issue Units
- Item Kitting to Streamline Work Management
- Item Status and Item Onboarding Workflows
- Adding Items to Storerooms
- Item Availability Management Including Current and Available Balances
- Updating BINS and Adding Items with Varying Condition Codes (New, Used, Refurbished)
- Managing Reorder Points – Minimum and Maximo Levels
- Vendor Analysis
- Item Classifications – Avoiding Duplicate Items in the Storeroom
- Item Availability for Work Fulfillment
- Inventory Transactions and Monitoring
- Reconciling Balances and Adjusting Physical Counts
- Reordering Direct Issue and Stocked Items
- Assembling and Disassembling Kits
- Entering and Managing Tools
- Entering Standard Services
Planning and Preventive Maintenance
- Best Practices in Establishing and Continuously Improving Job Plans
- Creating Effective Preventive Maintenance Routines
- Time and Meter-based PMs
- Fixed and Floating PM Schedules
- Routes and Preventive Maintenance
- Job Plan Sequencing – Varied Maintenance Routines
- Automatic versus Manual Generation of Work Orders
- Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance
- Proactive versus Reactive Work
- Prioritizing Work
- Scheduling Work and Planning Materials
- Managing Children Work Orders and Work Packages
- Related and Follow-up Work
- Recording Actual Labor – Multiple Methods Including Mobile Work Management
- Recording Actual Material Usage and Obtaining Items for Work
- Work Order Statuses from Waiting on Approval to Closed Work (History Items)
- Work Orders and Meters
- Failure Reporting Including Problems, Causes, and Remedies
- Safety Planning Including Identification of Hazards, Precautions, and Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
- Work Logs – Notes and Communications (e-mail)
- Work Order Costing – Approved and Unapproved Costs
Purchasing and Inventory Reorders
- Automatic and Manual Reordering of Direct Issue and Out-of-Stock Items
- Inventory Usage Application – Issue of Items to a Work Order
- Purchase Requests Generated from Reorder Process
- Purchase Orders – Official Purchase of Items
- Receiving Items for Work and Impact on Work Orders and Inventory Levels
Automation – Workflows and Escalations
- Automation of Work Processes – Using the Full Capability of a Computerized Maintenance System.
- Workflow Routing and Sending Assignments to the Right Person at the Right Time
- Escalations – Escalating Overdue Assignments and Other Pertinent and Time Sensitive Information.