This course focuses on most key system administration and configuration features necessary to maintain and configure Maximo excluding ‘java customizations’. This includes New Features introduced in both Maximo Version 7.1 and 7.5. You will learn about setting system properties, configuring message logging, managing WebSphere application server, modifying database objects, and configuring applications. In addition, there will be significant focus on automated features such as workflows, escalations, and cron tasks. To properly administer the system, you will also be introduced to creating and modifying BIRT reports as well as reviewing integration with external systems. The System Administration course (a two day offering) is also offered for those more focused on administering the system as opposed to deeper configuration knowledge.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
The course will benefit anyone responsible for configuring and maintaining the Maximo system. This will include system administrators, database administrators, report writers and others supporting Maximo.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Modify Application Server and Services.
- Modify System Properties and Error Logging.
- Manage Security and Users.
- Establish Conditional Expressions to Alter Functionality Based on Conditional Statements.
- Modify objects within Maximo and Understand Various Options within Database Configuration.
- Create and Customize applications through the Application Designer Tool Reviewing all Available Functionality.
- Develop workflows and escalations for process automation.
- Understand the basic structure of the database utilized by Maximo.
- Understand Processes Involved in Creating Complete Objects Structures and Importing and Exporting Data Utilizing Various Formats.
- Migrate Date from One Maximo Environment to Another.
- Create Reports through Front-end tools and through the Business Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT).
Maximo Architecture and Setup
- Maximo Setup – Simple to Complex
- The Maximo Database
- Maximo Components – Maximo Server, Data Dictionary, and More
- System Properties both Global and Instance
- Setting Logging Properties and Troubleshooting Maximo Issues
- Rebuilding EAR Files
- Application Servers and Settings
Domains, Database Configuration, and Application Design
- Lookup Lists and Crossover Domains
- Database Configuration Basics – Views versus Persistent Objects
- Establishing Attributes and Configuring Settings
- Establishing Relationships Across Various Objects
- Admin Mode and Configuring the Database
- Creating a New Database Object
- Managing Maximo Messages
- Creating a New Application
- Adding and Customizing Fields
- Managing System Settings Including Lookups and Menus
- Creating Conditional Controls for Finer Field Controls such as Field Coloring and Border Widths
- Adding Signature Security to an Application
- Configuring Toolbars
- Configuring the Select Action Menu
Automation within Maximo
- Managing Workflows and Routing Workflows within Maximo
- Creating New Workflows and Workflow Sub-processes
- Creating New Actions and Roles to Route Records to the Right People at the Right Time and Alter Maximo Records and Functionality when Necessary
- Communication Templates and Formatted Messaging
- Set-up and Management of Escalations to Ensure Work Tasks and Maintenance is Performed on Schedule.
- Cron Task Review – Automated Record Routing and Establishment.
Data Integration – Importing and Exporting Data
- Establishing Object Structures and Setting Options within the Object Structure Application.
- Asynchronous Outbound Communications and Publish Channels
- Synchronous Outbound Communications and Invocation Channels
- Inbound Communications and Enterprise Services
- Data Integration with External Systems
- Error Messages and Message Handling
- Data Format Review (Flat Fields, XML, Interface Tables, Web Services)
- Manual Integration and Database Events
- Migration Object Set-up
- Migration Groups and Data Dependencies
- Establishing Specific Data to be Migrated through Migration Manager
- Building a Reusable Migration Package
- Importing Migration Packages
- Troubleshooting Migration Issues
Reporting and Maximo
- Establishing Simple to Complex Queries with Result Sets Displayed by List or Graphically
- Creating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) benchmarking against industry standards, internal goals, or past performance
- Creating Reports through Maximo (Query Based Reports)
- Managing Report Object Structures
- Administering Reports within Maximo
- Installing the Business Intelligence Tool (BIRT)
- Creating a Simple BIRT Report