Effective inventory set-up and management is essential for proper maintenance planning and costing. Maximo helps storeroom professionals achieve Just in Time Inventory systems. This course reviews the establishment of Items in inventory and the management of those items. In addition, the set-up and management of Tools in the storeroom is covered. Standard service offerings by outside vendors may also be maintained in Maximo and the advantage of standard services is covered. There is a review of the new Inventory Usage application for issuing and transferring items. Lastly, Shipment Receiving functionality is reviewed in relation to the receipt of items transferred from other storerooms. This course focuses both on core Inventory applications as well as secondary applications impacting inventory usage and set-up.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
This course is designed for storeroom professionals responsible for ensuring the availability of items and accurate costing of storerooms. Anyone outside of the storeroom reliant on managing the availability of items and reporting on inventory management activities would also benefit from this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Establish a Variety of Items in the Storeroom.
- Create and Manage Commodity Groups.
- Create and Manage Units of Measure and Conversions.
- Establishing Item Kits for Ease of Ordering.
- Creating a Rotating Item.
- Creating Condition Enabling Items for Used and Refurbished parts.
- Classifying Items for Easy Parts Selection and Reporting.
- Managing Available Item Balances.
- Setting Reorder Points – Minimums and Maximums.
- Reordering Items – Direct Issue and Stocked Items
- Assembling and Disassembling Kits
- Managing Storeroom Balances.
- Creating Standard Services Provided by Outside Companies.
- Entering and Managing Tools and Tool Rates
Inventory Management Concepts and Best Practices
- Course Overview
- Inventory Planning Roles / Tie-ins with Maximo
- Just In Time Inventory in Maximo
- Best Practices in Inventory Management
Creating Inventory Records
- Item Creation – Standard Naming Convention
- Categorizing by Commodity Group / Commodity Code
- Associating Item Measurements and Conversions
- Selecting Key Attributes – Rotating Items, Inspection Required and Add as Spare Parts
- Item Kitting
- Establishing Condition Enabled Parts – Used and Refurbished
- Adding Items to Multiple Storerooms
- Vendor Management
- Classifying Items
- Item Statuses
Managing Inventory Records
- Inventory Defaults – Organizations
- Managing Inventory Balances – Adjusting Balances and Reconciling
- Receiving Rotating Items
- Adding Balances by Condition Code and BIN
- Setting Reorder Points – Maximum and Minimums
- Identifying and Managing Rotating Assets
- Reordering Inventory – Direct Issues and Stocked Items
- Assembling and Disassembling Kits ad Needed
- Viewing Item Availability
- Viewing Inventory Transactions – Transfers,
- Create Statusable Records for Issues and Transfers
- Include Items (both reserved and on demand) on Record
- Modify Line Items as Necessary and Validate Request
- Take Request through Statuses such as Entered, Staged, and Complete.
- Receive Items from Storeroom
- Void Shipped Items
- Return Shipped Items
- Establish Standard Services Provided by Outside Companies.
- Establishing Tool Records
- Adding Tools to a Storeroom
- Manage Rotating Tools
- Establishing a Tool Rate
- Managing Tool Balances
- Vendor Management
Work Order Fulfillment
- Inventory Request Process
- Waiting for Materials Work Order Status and Processing
- Viewing Inventory Details and Status within Work Order Tracking
- Purchasing Lifecycle Including Submitted Materials Requests through the Self Service Module
- Purchasing Utilizing an External Application (Date Integration)
- Receiving Items and Services
- Updated Balances and Work Orders Upon Item and Service Receipt
- Establishing Blanket, Purchase, and Price Contracts for Inventory
- Taking Contracts in to Account upon Reorder and Purchase
- Controls over Inventory Provided by Contract Functionality