In this course, you will review functionality related to Maintenance Planning in Maximo 7.5. The course focuses on Maximo applications and features as well as best practices for planning work using this tool. With a focus on predictive and preventive maintenance practices, properly planned work can greatly reduce the amount of corrective maintenance performed at an organization. Maximo can help increase the percentage of preventive maintenance. Additional applications impacting planning such as the set-up of assets and locations will be covered as well.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
Any one that is responsible for planning work including the assignment of labor, materials, services and tools will benefit from this course. Individuals tasked with accomplishing more work with fewer resources will benefit from this course through a focus on predictive and preventive maintenance practices, work assignment, and completion.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand proper set up of Location hierarchies in support of work.
- Establish assets with the necessary amount of detail for planning.
- Navigate and establish classifications to better manage and report on work.
- Create Condition Monitoring points based on meter readings.
- Create complete Job Plans understanding the full purpose and tie-ins for this application.
- Establish Preventive Maintenance routines reliant both on time-based and meter-based metrics.
- Manage work generated from condition monitoring points and preventive maintenance routines.
- Reporting on the results of work to establish a continuous improvement program for improved job planning.
Maintenance Planning Concepts and Best Practices
- Course Overview
- Maintenance Planning Roles / Tie-ins with Maximo
- Planning Procedures
- Best Practices in Maintenance Planning
Asset and Location Management
- Asset Management Lifecycle
- Proper Set-up of Location Hierarchy / Systems
- Asset Templates with Preventive Maintenance Associations
- Asset Key Information: Priorities, GL Accounts, Asset Types, and More
- Managing Spare Parts and Subassemblies
- Safety Planning and Impacts on Maintenance Planning
- Meters: Continuous, Gauge, Characteristic
- Classifying Assets – A Key Concept
- Asset Relationships and Topology
- Move/Modify Assets and Asset Status
- Rotating Item Set-up
- Managing Rotating Items
- Receiving Rotating Items
- Issuing Rotating Items
- Job Plans and the Continuous Planning Process (Revision Control)
- Job Plan Prioritization, Flow Control, and Responsibilities
- Establishing Labor, Materials, Services, and Tools
- Work Assets
- Nested Job Plans
- Preventive Maintenance – Organization Defaults
- Preventive Maintenance – Assets or Locations
- Adding Routes to Preventive Maintenance Routines
- Time-based or Meter-based Preventive Maintenance on Fixed or Floating Schedules
- Job Plan Sequencing with Staggered Work Routines
- PM Hierarchies
- Manual versus Automatic Work Order Generation
- Condition Monitoring – the Future
- Gauge and Characteristic Meters
- Actual versus Virtual Meter Readings
Inventory Management for Planners
- Item Kitting for Efficient Planning
- Building Asset Spare Part List
- Condition Codes
- Classifying Items
- Item Balance Summary Information
- Reorder Points and Item Availability
- Vendor Management
- Standard Services
- Stocked Tools and Hourly Rates
Procurement for Planners
- Automatic versus Manual Reordering
- Flow of Purchase – Purchase Request to Purchase Order
- Receiving Items, Rotating Items, and Services – Impact on Work
- Purchase and Price Contracts
- Basics of Root Cause Analysis
- Constructing a Problem / Cause / Remedy Hierarchy
- Reporting Problems, Causes, and Remedies on a Work Order
Planning Work Orders
- Work Order Generation from Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Routines
- Prioritization of Work
- Scheduling Information – Target, Scheduled, and Actual Dates
- Responsible Parties
- Problem Codes and Failure Analysis
- Safety Planning – Hazards, Precautions, and Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures
Scheduling and Assigning Work Orders
- Child Work Orders and Tasks
- Activities and Tasks Application
- Materials Management
- Labor Scheduling – Assignment tab on Work Order
- Labor Reporting – Actuals Tab on Work Order
- Labor Reporting Application – Approving Work
- Assignment Manager and Scheduling by Laborer
- Mobile Solutions and Labor Reporting
Maintenance Planning Start Center, KPIs, and Reports
- Start Center – Critical Planning Information on Dashboard
- Key Performance Indicators – Benchmarking Performance
- Reports – Tracking Key Critical Planning Information.