The Work Management course provides a comprehensive review of various available methods for entering both reactive and proactive work. For proactive work, job planning, preventive maintenance routines, and condition monitoring points are covered. For reactive work, work coming from Service Requests, Third Party Offerings, and by other methods is reviewed. Effective work management forms the core of the course. This includes best practices for labor reporting, materials reporting, and more. Many factors are involved in capturing complete work order costs and details. Each of these factors is discussed. Mobile work management is included as one factor commonly integrated in the work management process. At the conclusion of the course, the student will have a strong understanding of the various methods and options available to manage work.
Who Will Benefit From This Course
While the course specifically benefits Maintenance Supervisors, Planners, and other Maintenance Personnel, all individuals responsible for maintaining Maximo would benefit from understanding the Work Management process including Inventory and Purchasing Personnel. System Administrators will also be able to better support Maximo through understanding the key factors involved in work management.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the Basics of Asset and Location Management and Maintenance.
- Create Simple to Complex Job Plans.
- Understand the Various Factors Involved in the Creation and Generation of a Preventive Maintenance Routine.
- Set-up and associate Routes with a Preventive Maintenance Routine.
- Create Service Request through the Self Service Module.
- Create Service Requests Understanding the Multiple Available Options and Their Impact on Work Management.
- Create Work Requests Utilizing Third-part Software.
- Prioritize Work and Effectively Schedule Work.
- Reserve Materials and record Material Usage.
- Generate Related Work and Work Packages.
- Create Failure Reports and Adjust Work Based on Failure Analysis.
- Enter and perform safety planning.
- Report on Accurate and Complete Work Costs.
- Identify Methods Involved in Mobile Work Management.
- Generate Reports, Key Performance Indicators, and Other Information Related to Work Outcomes.
Work Management Concepts and Best Practices
- Course Overview
- Work Management Roles / Tie-ins with other Maximo Applications
- The Asset Lifecycle
- Best Practices in Work Management
Asset and Locations Management
- Asset Basics Including Asset Prioritization, Types, and Costing
- Subassemblies and Spare Parts
- Assets and Safety Plans
- Assets and Failure Analysis
- Classification of Assets and Entry of Attributes
- Meter Types and Generation of Work Orders
- Rotating Assets and Work Management Implications
- Move/Modify Assets
- Asset and Location Hierarchies
- Locations and Systems
- Asset and Location Status
- People Records and Demographics
- Labor Records, Crafts, and Qualifications
- User Records – Security Rights to Perform Work
Job Plans and Work Management
- Job Plan Duration and Work Dates
- Job Plan Tasks, Timing, and Work Flow Control
- Accurate Labor, Materials, Services, and Tool Entry on Job Plans
- Work Assets
- Nested Job Plans
Preventive Maintenance and Condition Monitoring
- Preventive Maintenance Default Settings
- Impact on Work by Setting Priorities, Responsible Parties, and Work Types
- Time-based Versus Meter-based Frequencies
- Logical versus Actual Meter Readings
- Fixed and Floating Maintenance Schedules
- Seasonal Dates and Impacts on PM Date and Time Generation
- Job Plan Sequencing and Varied Scheduling
- PM Hierarchies
- Automatic Versus Manual PM Generation
- Condition Monitoring and Work Generation Based on Meter Output
Service Requests, Suitereq, and More
- Self-Service Generated Requests for Service Company Wide
- EDI Suitereq Application and Work Order Generation
- Service Request Entry- Help Desk Functionality and Best Practices
- Service Requests and ITIL
Work Order Management
- Work Order Creation, Prioritization, and Ownership
- Work Order Defaults – Organizations Application
- Work Order Planning
- Classifying Work
- Scheduled and Unscheduled Work
- Work Assignments, Material Reservations, Tool Rates, and More
- Work Packages and Child Work Orders
- Related Work: Follow-ups and Related Work Orders
- Generating Work Logs: Notes and Communications
- Safety Planning: Hazards, Precautions, and Lock Out/Tag Out
- Failure Reporting
- Reporting Actual Labor Hours
- Receiving and Reporting on Materials Usage
- Completing and Closing a Work Order
Inventory and Work Management
- Review of Inventory Usage Application
- Inventory Reservations and Available Balance
- Inventory Reordering – Direct Issue and Stocked Items
Purchasing and Work Management
- Generation of Purchase Request upon Reorder or Through Self-Service Module
- Purchase Request Completion and Approval
- Purchase Order Generation and Approval
- Purchase Order Lines and Costing
- Receiving Purchased Items – Waiting for Material Work
Reporting – Work Management
- Benchmarking Success – Key Performance Indicators
- Simple to Advanced Queries as Reports
- User Created Reporting and Customization
- Advanced Reports – Business and Intelligence Reporting Tool (BIRT)